The Beaverton Community Band and the Rex Putnam High School Band are partnering to bring seven Portland-area community bands together for the Adult Band Festival on Saturday, March 9, 2019. Doors open at 9:00 A.M., with the first performance beginning at 10:00 A.M.
The festival celebrates American band music in its purest form – live, local, and authentic. The participating bands are ambassadors who keep band music alive, inspire others, and introduce young musicians to this tradition.
Participating bands represent Northwest communities and are committed to exposing others to great band music. The bands and their performance times are:
- Beacock’s Band, Cory Pederson, Director, 10:00 A.M.
- *Beaverton Community Band, Martin Sobelman, Conductor, 10:45 A.M.
- Southwest Portland Concert Band, Nick Caldwell, Director, 11:30 A.M.
- Rose City Gay Symphonic Band, Joseph Accuardi-Gilliam, Conductor, 1:15 P.M.
- *Al Kader Shrine Concert Band, Jeff Hornick, Director, 2:00 P.M.
- *Vancouver Community Concert Band, Erin Hanson, Director, 2:45 P.M.
- *Portland Metro Concert Band, Glenn Taylor, Director, 3:30 P.M
At 4:30 PM, The bands marked with a * will join the Rex Putnam High School Wind Ensemble, Jeff Wilson, Director, in a Massed Finale, performing Shenandoah (setting by Frank Tichelli) and Sea Songs (composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams). Local music vendors, who have donated items for a raffle, will be on site to demonstrate their products and perform any necessary emergency repairs. All raffle proceeds, as well as
Local music vendors, who have donated items for a raffle, will be on site to demonstrate their products and perform any necessary emergency repairs. All raffle proceeds, as well as – more – donations and proceeds from refreshment sales, will benefit the Rex Putnam High School band program.
Saturday, March 9, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Donation: Adults $5. Students K-12 free.
The Beaverton Community Band has performed for the Beaverton community for over 30 years.
Other upcoming performances include:
- Winter Concert, Bethel Congregational United Church of Christ, March 24, 2019, 3:00 P.M.
- Spring Concert, Bethel Congregational United Church of Christ, June 2, 2019, 3:00 P.M.
The Beaverton Community Band’s mission is to engage audiences with diverse artistic performances, enlighten the community through music education, and enrich the lives of its members. The band’s members volunteer their time to support music educators throughout the Beaverton School District, to encourage beginning musicians and build a vibrant arts community.